Translate

Friday, December 9, 2011

Exclusively featuring, ladies and gentlemen, siore & siori... MOUCH ! Interview & Minimix!!!

We're gonna feature A LOT of people, we'll be releasing mixes, free tunes and what not. Promises? Not, FACTS yet!




Let me bring to your attention the vast fresh sick talents of mister Fede aka MOUCH, of Gamma Audio, Paradise Lost and more labels fame and let's check what he had to say in reply to my questions!!!

(segue sotto intervista in Italiano!)

For more general infos about the Mouch you can check this post here
http://bassponmi.blogspot.com/2011/10/at-last-bomb-is-going-to-be-dropped.html

And when you're ready, relax, pump up the volume, fasten your seatbealts, and PRESS PLAY!



Now for the interview, enjoy!

BPM: How, when and why did you became involved with electronic and/or dance music? What do you care for the most, "and" or the "or", and why?



 : Since when I was a kid, I loved electronic music and I always found myself wandering between genres and sub-genres. While exploring rap, easy listening electronic music and drum'n'bass, I had found my way into dubstep music, whilst I was focusing my efforts onto producing music rather than graffiti/writing art. This is how I have release myself and this is the way I express myself, and I have fun too.
I've got to thank people like Killeralien, Aeph, Ak0pian & Altered Beats since they teached me the basics and I'm thankful for hours and hours of tips and audio engineering knowledge.
"Electronic" and/or "Dance"? Nor the "and" or the "or" would be prevailing, since I shock out when its time to brock out but I love as well being creeped out by sounds when its a merely listening experience

BPM: Your current inspiration, in a single word.

Mouch: Mhhhh



BPM: Harder and harder, why that word?

Mouch: Its a matter of too many forms and sources of inspiration. The contemporary musical chaos, the fact everyday we got 400 new producers, the new experimental styles, my girlfriend, my friends, my "mind-trips" in my head and everyday life. If everything has to come together, "Mhhhh" is the result!



BPM: So if that word is forever deleted, you have to replace it with a tune, yours or not. What it would be?

Mouch: One of my tunes? Not. Maybe 30 seconds each, tune fi tune.
I think there's a tune which could replace my feelings about "Mhhhh", and only thing I can say its not a dubstep one. I won't say who made it and I want only few people to know about it. I'm jealous about music I like, its very time-consuming and blood and sweat to look for new good fresh underground music.
By the way, "Acquatic Family Affair" by 2562, sends me in outer space.

Mouch - Eurasia 1984 [Gamma Audio UK "Global Wub 3" LP - GAMMA022] by Mouch

BPM: MSSV RSPCT, you've come a long way, but where do you want to go?

Mouch: "MSSV RSPCT" Loool! I don't know where I'm going, I do my own thang... in Italy we say "who lives shall see" and by the way, no fear.

BPM: You had one vinyl release recently, did you enjoy that? Why don't you set up your own label? (WHICH WOULD BE SIIIIIIICK!)

Mouch: Who would not enjoy being released on vinyl? By the way its a collab between myself and my friend Dubtek from Seattle (on Paradise Lost US - Dubtek EP [PL010]), his debut EP. It's the only one so far, but things are moving forward.. hopes high!
By the way, vinyl physicality is something rare, its about your music acquiring a determinate shape and you can even feel it in your hands... a really few things give that much satisfaction.
Even if the EP was not strictly mine!
My label? I'd love that but no, I would run out of time. That said, I'm very focused on the whole scene and on the ways it works, so I'd know who to address before many others!

BPM: I feel honoured when I think at my tune which you remixed (crazily, the people at that night at Link feat. Pinch might remember :ooo)
When will it be my turn? I've asked you a fkin million times. But now, there's no escape since this is a public place HAHA! Gotta come and get you from your own home?

Mouch: Firstly, remixing Ital Wub was something I had really enjoyed and I had so much fun doing it... that "haunted house" pad sound nailed it!
So, I can declare, its your turn, I'm exporting stems of "Eurasia 1984" [Gamma Audio UK]! "Taaaaaaac!"
If you aren't getting them in a few days, hereby I authorize you to come pick me!

TZR & Press & Selfsimilar - Futures Ruin (Mouch remix) [forthcoming Shift Recordings US] by Mouch


BPM: Thank you very much Fede for this interview, your time and the effort. You can say ciao to mamma now.

Mouch: I say goodbye and thank you for having the chance of being featured here!
Then a loud hi5 to my parents, to Anto amore mio, to all my friends and to everyone else enjoying my music and what I do.
I also give much thanks to the producers which made the tunes in my mix (Its my very first studio mix, so be afraid!).. tunes are by friends which I appreciate and support and from which I get inspiration to do my own stuff!
Love you all!!!

Fede / Mouch.


Sounds of the Mouch http://soundcloud.com/mouch
Follow the badman http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mouch/115947425183574
BREAKING NEWS: Starlight EP (out soon) - not adding anymore infos by now... ;)

(Italian language)


BPM: Come quando e perchè ti interessi di musica dance e/o elettronica? Vale più la e o la o? E perchè?



Sono interessato alla musica elettronica fin da piccolissimo, ho sempre curiosato tra i vari generi e sottogeneri. Dopo aver esplorato a fondo il rap, l'elettronica più easy listening e la drum'n bass, mi sono dedicato alla dubstep. 
In seguito a certe vicende legate all'ambiente del writing (graffiti), ho focalizzato le mie energie sulla produzione musicale. Mi esprimo e mi sfogo smanettando con i suoni, e mi diverto pure.
In questo campo ho avuto la fortuna di avere come maestri gente come Aeph, Killeralien, Ak0pian e gli Altered Beats, e li ringrazio per le ore passate a spiegarmi tips e teorie audio/ingegneristiche.

Dance e/o elettronica? Non prevale nè la "e" nè la "o", mi piace ballare come un cretino quando la piega è dance e mi piace ascoltare e farmi assecondare dai suoni quando si tratta di elettronica da puro ascolto.




BPM: Riassumi in una singola parola la tua ispirazione del momento.



Mhhhh.




BPM: Sempre più difficile, perchè quella determinata parola?

Si tratta di un "Mhhhh" che riflette svariate fonti di ispirazione. Il caos musicale contemporaneo, il fatto che ogni giorno ci siano almeno 400 nuovi producers, le nuove correnti sperimentali, la mia ragazza, i miei amici, i trip che ho in testa e le situazioni che vivo. Se metto tutto insieme mi viene da dire "Mhhhh"!




BPM: Ancora più difficile, quella parola viene cancellata. Può rappresentarla un pezzo, tuo o altrui, che la rappresenti. Qual è?



Un pezzo mio no, magari tutti quelli che ho fatto, ascoltati 30 secondi ognuno in sequenza.
Di pezzi altrui che calzano a pennello ne avrei uno, non è dubstep ma non dico di chi/cosa si tratta perchè voglio che lo conosca meno gente possibile. Sono geloso della musica che ascolto. Ed anche perchè perdo un sacco di tempo e sudo sangue per trovare robe nuove, ricercate e underground. 
Comunque nell'ultimo periodo "Aquatic Family Affair" di 2562 mi manda dall'altra parte.




BPM: MSSV Rspct, sei giunto fin qui. Dove vuoi arrivare?



Ahah! MSSV RSPCT! Non so dove sto andando, faccio la mia cosa..chi vivrà vedrà e comunque mai paura.




BPM: Dopo il primo vinile ci hai preso gusto? Perchè non apri una tua label? (SPACCHEREBBE TUTTO!)

Chi non ci prende gusto dopo il primo vinile? Comunque puntualizzo che si tratta di una collaborazione che ho fatto col mio amico Dubtek di Seattle (sotto Paradise Lost US - Dubtek EP [PL010]) per il suo EP di debutto sotto Paradise Lost. E' l'unico pezzo che ho su vinile al momento, anche se altre cose si stanno muovendo proprio ora..speriamo bene!
Comunque la concretezza del vinile è una cosa rara, è la tua musica che prende una forma e puoi toccarla..poche cose danno così soddisfazione. 
Pure se l'EP non è il tuo!
Una mia label? Mi piacerebbe ma no, non avrei tempo anche per questo. Anche se sono un attentissimo osservatore della scena e saprei verso chi indirizzarmi prima di molti altri!




BPM: Ho avuto l'onore di essere remixato da te (in un modo pazzesco, il Link post-Pinch dell'ottobre 2010 forse ricorda :ooo) 
Quando tocca a me? Te l'ho già chiesto mille volte. Ora te lo faccio ridichiarare in pubblica piazza. Ti devo venire a prendere a casa?



Premetto che fare il remix di Ital Wub è stato davvero piacevole e divertente.. quel pad da "casa dei fantasmi" mi intrigava di brutto! 
Ad ogni modo, ora sta a te! Ti sto esportando gli stems di Eurasia 1984 [Gamma Audio UK]! Taaaac!
Se entro pochi giorni non ti arrivano ti autorizzo a venire a prendermi a casa!



BPM: Spazio libero. Vai con i saluti alla mamma.

Innanzitutto saluto te e ti ringrazio per l'opportunità che mi hai dato!

E poi schiaccio una sonora cinquella ai miei genitori, all'Anto amore mio, a tutti i miei amici e a chi piace ciò che faccio.
 Colgo l'occasione, inoltre, per salutare e ringraziare coloro che hanno sfornato i pezzi che sono nel mix (è il mio primo studio mix, spero che nessuno me ne voglia per la scarsa abilità nel settore!).. si tratta di amici producer che stimo e da cui traggo ispirazione per fare la mia roba!


Vi voglio bene!



Fede / Mouch.

I suoni di Mouch http://soundcloud.com/mouch
Follow the badman http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mouch/115947425183574

No comments:

Post a Comment